Sunday, May 28, 2006

Summer is in the air!

There comes a certain moment in every new season that I notice something that tells me it is indeed that season.It really has nothing to do with the calendar. In Fall the world begins to look golden, not just the trees but the color of the whole world. Winter brings a stillness and fresher air. As spring begins I feel a lightness in my soul and the desire to be outside all the time. Summer, to mne is coming when the days are hazy and long and memories of childhood flood my brain. It's really funny though because these feelings lasts only a moment, like getting a quick whiff of a smell and then it's gone. I got the summer feeling yesterday.
Summer for me as a child was wonderful. My best friend's mother ran the town pool and day after day we spent at that pool, eating frozen Reeses cups from the concession stand and drinking Dr. Peppers. The kids and I in our neighborhood played until the sun went down and then we caught lightening bugs until one by one, mothers stuck their heads out their doors and called us in. Sometimes having to threaten us as we hated to end the day of fun.
There are kids I know today that have no idea what a lightening bug is. They have bikes in their yard but seldom do they ride them. My bike was my horse, my car, my motorcycle, my spaceship! What a shame today's kids are missing that. (Now I sound just like someone of an older generation is suppose to sound.) Oh well, times change and each generation forget that I guess.
I'm having coffee and have a few hours before work. Hope work goes fast. On Sunday the store is only open for five hours so that is a good thing! Ta Ta for now!

No comments: