Sunday, October 25, 2009

That's Life

I read with interest a little bit ago on the site of this state's labor department of a nice little retail job in a book store. AH HA, I love books, I have all the experience to handle this one but then I noticed one little problem. It's an ADULT book store. I DON'T THINK that would work for me. Darn it!

Haleigh and I have had some interesting conversations today, one being that I think the honeymoon of having her grandmother living here is over. She says when I just came to visit I always had something for her and I let her do whatever she asks and I never said no to her. Ummm, I guess life is tough like that. I told her I'd move out again way far and only visit again if she thought that was best and she said...."NO!!! that's not what I meant!" I know what she means, it is very different but in a good way. And anyway she still has another grandmother in Georgia that can do her that way. Me, I get to be the mean grandmother now but maybe she'll have good memories of me like I do of my grandmother that I got to spend some summers with when I was little. She'd come stay with us for the summer and I still have memories of some of our experiences and conversations. I can only hope.

I like the weather as it gets colder. We'll see how I fare with the winters here but something tells me I'll do fine. If it snows I'll just keep myself at home! Hope you have a good week,
Love,
Robbin


That's life
That's what all the people say
You're riding high in April
You're shot down in May
I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top in June

I say that's life
& as funny as it may seem
Some people get their kicks
Stompin' on your dreams
But I don't let it, let it get me down
'Cause this fine ol' world keeps spinning 'round

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn & a king
I've been up & down & over & out
But I know one thing
Each time I find myself, flat on this face
I pick myself up & get back in the race

That's life
I can't deny it
I thought of quitting, baby
This heart wasn't gonna buy it
And if I didn't think it was worth one single try
I'd jump right on a big bird & then I'd fly

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,
A poet, a pawn & a king
I've been up & down & over & out
And I know one thing
Each time I find myself flat on my face
I pick myself up & get back in the race

That's life
That's life & I can't deny it
Many times I thought of cutting out
But my heart won't buy it
But if there's nothing shakin' come this here July
I'm gonna roll
I'm gonna roll
I'm gonna roll myself up in a big ball & die
Can't deny it
That's life

Sung by Frank Sinatra
Written by Kay Gordon

6 comments:

Marge said...

Oh Robbin! An adult bookstore? No, I don't think you need a job that bad. Not gonna happen is it. Keep looking and keep your eyes open and you'll find something that fits better. Hope you have a great day....our day has begun like most of them do lately: gray skies and drizzle!

Robbin said...

LOL, no Marge I don't think that is a job I'd be interested in. YUK!
Still looking, something will come up when it is suppose to, I hope.

Marcie said...

What about some of the other bookstores in the area? In all this world, what job would you most want to have (even if it seems impossible - I'm just curious!)

Robbin said...

Umm,well I'd choose to be (if I could) a marine biologist or an archeologist, lol. In reality it will probably be something in retail as that is all I know. I quit college after the first year to get married and have a baby. I'd really like to work in a medical office as a receptionist if I can make enough to support myself, we'll see.

Memaw's memories said...

If you went to work in an Adult book store, would your face stay red all the time? I'm still laughing.

At least you didin't set up an interview before you found out it was Adult.

Something will come along, probably when you least expect it. It seems that usually you put out a lot of resumes and for a while nothing, then lots of calls all at one time. Then you have to make choices.

Have a good day.

Robbin said...

Yes Shirley, I'd stay red all the time, lol. You are probably right, that happened to me once, everyone called at once and I got to choose.