Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Waiting for Wednesday


It's Wednesday and that means a few things around here. Haleigh has "early release" from school on Wednesday, which cracks me up. Sounds like she's being let out of prison early since she has been a good girl. I prefer to call it the day school lets out a few hours earlier but she always corrects me. So YAY! Today's early release day for Haleigh! It is her favorite day of the week for sure.


Also on Wednesdays she has a late dance class and so it has become my day to cook dinner and have it ready when her and her mom get home.(Matthew is working a shift now where he is not home for dinner with us). Tonight I've decided we're having just good old hamburgers and macaroni salad. I seem to look forward to Wednesdays as it seems to be a day I can make myself useful. I don't feel very useful these days but being able to plan a mean and cook it helps.


I was thinking of how things are different for me in little ways since I've moved to this new and strange part of the world. The biggest, well maybe not the biggest, is having to put a leash on Sweetie to walk her instead of just opening the door and letting her out for a while. AND I have to have a little bag with me at all times when we walk. The first time I took that little bad out and picked up her poop she looked at me like I was nuts. Now it is old hat to her.

Another thing is learning new weather terms and new phrases, like mountain passes and snow in the mountains. Also learning that the weather literally can change as you speak and sometimes the early morning is not the coldest part of the day. The weather is quite interesting to me here. I have noticed the weathermen can't predict it as well as the southern ones can. Something to do with the mountains and all the water and things I don't understand.

The ferries are one of my favorite things. To get almost anywhere you can and sometimes have to take ferries. You can drive on or walk on. I love the ferries.


Hope your Wednesday is going well.

Love,

Robbin

5 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

What a cute picture of Haleigh. Sounds like you look forward to Wednesdays. I know you are enjoying the time you are spending with her.

The weather is a sore subject around these parts lately. Unfortunately, the weathermen are getting the forecasts right and they all seem to include rain.

Marge said...

We are having rain here, too. Almost every day in October, which used to be my favorite month. Not this year!

Haleigh is a beautiful little girl, and I'm so glad you are getting to share these precious years with her. And I know you are enjoying them.

And we'll be right over to share your hamburgers and macaroni salad with you! I have not started our dinner yet, but it will have to be something with chicken thighs because that's what I thawed out today. Any ideas?

Robbin said...

Shirley, hope the rains stop soon. It is raining here tonight too.

Robbin said...

Hey Marge, wish you could have joinged us, supper was good. I would have suggested chicken and rice for your chicken. I bet you came up with something yummy with those chicken thighs.

The_Gertster said...

Haleigh and Robbin Ann are growing TOOOOO FAST!!!!