Friday, May 07, 2010

A Night at the Movies

Haleigh's parents went out for supper tonight so at the last minute Haleigh and I decided to try and make a movie that was showing at 7:05. This was at 6:48. Guess what? We made it. It was only was after we got home that her Mom realized that Haleigh had slipped her pants on backwards. I never noticed. We'd made her change her clothes before we left as she was in her Punky Brewster clothes.

We both like the movie, "How to Train you Dragon", it was cute and very action packed so it kept your attention for sure. We also had a big barrel of popcorn and big drinks and decided we were full and that ended up being our dinner.

And so here we are back safe at home, me watching Dateline in my room and Haleigh in bed and her parents watching TV in the living room. All is well.

Haleigh is amazed by teenage girls. It is funny to watch her observing them and listening to them. We had to stand in line with a few to use the restroom and she was just in a trance watching them laugh and talk and interact with each other. I think I sort of remember being like that too. I couldn't wait until I turned 13. I guess that is just the way it is, we can't wait to grow up.

At nine I had an older teenage cousin that I adored. She as 14 and had 6 brothers and no sisters which is why I would think she paid me any attention at all. I spent a lot of time with her. She painted my face with blue eye shadow and navy blue eyeliner and pink frosted lipstick. She rolled my long hair up on orange juice cans. She taught me how to do the twist and the mashed potato. She introduced me to the Sonny and Cher show. She was my idol for sure. It is sad we lost touch when my parents divorced like I lost a lot of my father's side of the family. She'd be almost 60 years old. I can't imagine her being that old.

Oh well, enough of memories. I think I'll call it a night. Good Night.

No comments: