Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Whale Dream


I'm back from my vacation and have to go to work today, regrettably. I had such a perfect vacation and magical as well. My Dream to see Orcas came true but in a much unexpected way than what I thought. First of all it was wonderful to surprise my son and to have spent the week with him and his family was wonderful. My granddaughter and I had a ball and I miss them all so much already.
Now, about the whales. We took an all day boat trip and saw the Orcas and although they were beautiful to me, it wasn't at all like I expected. I wanted forever to see them in their own enviroment out in the ocean and that I did but because it WAS a whale tour that guarunteed you saw them, that's what happened, us and about twenty other tour boats and numerous private boats that circled them and got way too close. What happened was that it felt like a three ring circus and I don't know how the orcas felt but I felt like they were trapped! I felt guilty being a part of it. My feelings surprised me more than anything, I mean I don't know what I expected. The scenery was beautiful and the trip was excellent but I just wasn't as excited as I thought I'd be seeing those beautiful animals.
I hated to say these thoughts because the people who had arranged for me to see them would have been upset I thought but after a day or so of trying to figure out my exact thoughts on the experience I finally vocalized my feelings. And because these people love me and understand me they got it. Now, all that said, here's what happened. The next day my DIL and Granddaughter went to a favorite place of her's called Point No Point. It was a small picnic area and a beach and it was a perfect day. Seeing whales was not expected or even thought about but that's just what happened......Passing through, closer than the boat tour came to them, there they come, naturally and unexpected and let me tell you it was MAGICAL. I will never forget it and it was the best experience I've ever had! So......my dream came true better than I ever thought.
It was amazing!

3 comments:

TypeWriterMom said...

Hi :)

Was that picture taken when you saw the Orcas the IInd time ? Coz here they look like they're having some fun :-)

Good to know that you saw a dream come true!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»