Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday Morning Ramblings

My car decided he needed some attention during the holiday season and he went to the shop yesterday and had some brake work done. Thank goodness he didn't need shoes but only pads and that saved me a bundle.

My parents went to a doctor's appointment in a nearby bigger town yesterday. When they got home my mother told me she had a surprise for me and to come up there. The day before, after our shopping spree she and I had lunch together. Because I couldn't face the same leftovers we'd eaten for the past few days, I made us what was basically a grilled cheese with some of the ham in it. I told her we were having a panini.

I guess that made her think I'd like to have a panini making machine. So that was my surprise. Alrighty then. (My mother has a weakness for small kitchen appliances and since she has no more room for anymore, she thought I needed it.) It's a cool little machine and I'm sure I'll use it.


I go back to work today after being off three days. I'm working today and the weekend and then have a few more days off. Finally we'll get back to normal after next week. I can't believe it's going to be 2008!

I'm not sure where 2007 went but I'm not sad to say goodbye to it. In a lot of ways it has been a rough year for me, at least emotionally. Turning the big 50 knocked the wind out of me and age usually never bothered me before. Trying to figure out just what I want to do that will make me happier has been a hard thing. So...I'm hoping 2008 will bring changes that will affect me positively. I'm ready for change. So we will see.

No comments: