Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Life....not so simple anymore!

I really like to keep my life simple. It comes from years of raising kids and having to be here and there, do this and that, and so I am somewhat of a hermit now and don't do or go anywhere much I don't really want to do or go.

Since early November, I can't seem to get "simple" back. I can't get caught up with things that really need doing. Things I've wanted to do have become complicated in one way or the other. And then there are things I don't want to do but have no other choice.

I have to go to Atlanta this weekend for a business meeting. I still have to get a haircut, find "cocktail" attire, (shopping for clothes is my least favorite thing in the world to do!) My car needs servicing since it looks like I'm going in my car with a passenger. (I hate driving and especially with a passenger). There's the usual end of the year pressure at work to make budget and of course the company chooses this time of the year to send out projects on new frame pricing and that sort of thing.

Oh well, I suppose I will survive but I can't wait for things to calm down a little.

Today is Steph's 40th birthday. We celebrated it last night. I'd been working on her present for months and it was worth it, she enjoyed it. I found a big hat box with roses on it and filled it with some of her favorite things. It was a hit and then her husband took her out to eat and her daughter and I made her a birthday cake. We had a nice night.

I have to work today but am off tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment just for a cleaning and then I suppose I'd better get some shopping done and get my hair cut. I'm off again on Friday but my mother has asked me to help her prepare for a Christmas Party she is giving. And then I go to Atlanta on Saturday afternoon and will not be back until Monday.

Oh well, "tis the season" as they say! But I'm looking forward to my simple life again.

2 comments:

The_Gertster said...

Dont feel bad, as hard as I try NOT TO, I am stressing out too! But I had a WONDERFUL Bday! A HUGE reason for that is because of YOU! Thank You so much for EVERYTHING!
Love, Steph

Robbin said...

I'm glad you had a good one, you deserved to! You only turn 40 once!