Monday, December 24, 2007

Sometimes in life you can see things so clearly. I think this is the times you give. Other times you need to stop and listen. This is when you learn.

I am in the learning stage at the moment.

Without fail in the past when I have been in this spot someone comes and touches my life and I learn valuable lessons. Someone crosses my path that I may or may not know and shares with me an action or words or maybe just a look. And then suddenly I know answers that I'd forgotten or maybe never even knew.

The tricky part is that I think these people cross my path more often than I know and I miss it. Today I'm going to quit fighting my own pride and open my heart to whatever it is I'm suppose to learn and I am going to remember this lesson could come from the least likely person I come in contact with.

Merry Christmas,
Love,
Robbin

6 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin, I believe that one of the best things we can do is to open ourselves to the things of value that enter our lives. We are usually receptive to joy and happiness, aren't we? But I think we also need to be accepting of a time of struggle or pain that we must push through to find the joy and peace at the lesson's end. That is a lot more difficult to be open to. *sigh*

I wish you love and light, on the journey and in the destination!

warmly, Aisling

Chellie said...

Lessons are hard to work through sometimes, aren't they?!

Merry Christmas, Robbin!

Linda@VS said...

Robbin, I attended a seminar a long time ago in which the instructor drew a line across the blackboard, then, as he told us about incidents in his life, plotted them as either high points or low points on a line chart. He then erased everything above the line and told us that everything of value he had ever learned, he learned below the line.

You're very wise to recognize a learning stage when it happens.

I wish you joy.

Robbin said...

Aisling, thank you so much for coming over and commenting. Your words are always a comfort to me. Merry Christmas to you and yours and thank you for being a special friend.

Robbin said...

Chellie, lessons are hard to learn and life is sure a learning process. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment to me. I hope you have a happy holiday.

Robbin said...

Hey Velvet, that's very interesting and makes a lot of since. Those are the times we learn, when things times are hard. Merry Christmas to you!