Monday, November 17, 2008

Cold Monday Morn

I slept this morning until almost 7:30 which is a record for me. I got my coffee brewing and it is in the 30's here this morning. Wednesday morning will be in the 20's! But I'm warm and snuggly inside and so I don't care.
Since I'm going back to work a week from today, this week I'm going to try and take a walk every afternoon and test my strength out. I will however wait until this afternoon when it is a little warmer. Sweetie has gotten fat! Although I can let her out alone out here in the country and trust her not to go to the road, she never wants to stay out long and so a walk will do her good as well.
Tomorrow I see the Dr. for the results of the CT scan. I'm a little nervous. I never trust them because it has been my experience they'll tell you everything looks good and then all of a sudden it doesn't. Well, that happened once and it scares me.
Anyway, I have the faith that it is going to be good news. I expect they'll want me to do radiation but please, please, no more chemo. It is what I fear the most.
But I'm thinking positive for good news and so we shall see.
I finished Edgar Sawtelle and it was a good book. A very different book, but one that caught me and held me and the characters are still with me. At least Edgar is. I especially loved the way the author talked of the dogs. That's about all I can say without giving anything away but it was a book worth reading for sure and I'm glad I did.
Other than that my weekend was quite.
And so another week has started and we are closer to me getting back out into the world. I think that will help me more than anything I could do. Living alone through this, there have been times when I've felt so isolated and alone. I'm a loner anyway but this time has been way more than even I've ever wanted.
I hope your week is a good one.
Love,
Robbin

6 comments:

Me Maw said...

Good morning Robbin, so happy you rested well! Me, as usual, off to bed in a few minutes here. It's cold here too...very cold, so thankful for heaters.

Will be praying with you this week for all positive news concerning your test! Blessings!

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

Thank you Me Maw, hope you have a good sleep as well.

Tammy said...

My party dress and dancing shoes are all on the bed. I'm ready to celebrate a new chapter in the life of Robbin. No worries!

Love you!

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

THANKS Tammy, I'll let you know as soon as I can, and we'll dance and dance!

linda said...

hi robbin, I have been absent the past few days because of AEM-that's art everyday month of november....wow, making something arty everyday is wearing me out! AND taking lots of time so I am not getting around like I would like....but you "look" good, my dear :) it is good to hear you are going back to work so soon! I am crossing fingers and toes about the scan results and will check back to see what the doctor said.....but I bet it's good news!!

Robbin with 2 B's! said...

Thanks Linda, I'm glad to see you are back into your art. And thanks, I'll post as soon as I can.
Have a good day!