Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sore Muscles and Wanderlust all in One Day

I am so stiff this morning I can hardly move! Nothing to do with the surgery site, just my muscles. I read this is a common thing after surgery when you ease back into normal routines, and I did do some things yesterday. Apparently, those muscles you've not really used for awhile want to ache a little. I say a little but I had to take Alieve first thing this morning. I didn't really think I was doing that much yesterday. Oh well, I'll live.

I also woke up with that thing I experience at times called "Wanderlust". I don't know if my parent's trip has brought this on or if I am just getting sick of being at home all the time. I can't explain how it pulls me though. I know it sounds crazy but I long to visit China, England, or Africa! I want to try different foods, I want to see how other people live, I want to hear different languages. And I'm not kidding. It's almost painful. (yeah, I'm weird I know.)
The best I could do today is a trip to Walmart and that is not going to cut it.

2 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

I just don't think a trip to Wal-Mart is going to cut it either. Sounds like you need to find a book about far-a-way lands and visit with your eyes.

Rent Ryan's Daughter and see Ireland.

Rent Out of Africia and see Africa.

Rent Howard's End and see England.

Robbin said...

LOL, thanks Shirley, maybe I need a subscription to a travel magazine too.