Sunday, May 11, 2008

Stormy Weather

As I sit here writing this , thunder is roaring, lightening is cracking, and the wind is swishing the trees around. There is also hail thumping against the windows. It was the noise that woke me . There are tornado warnings in this county and some strong winds have already done some damage in some surrounding counties according to the local news.
This kind of thing makes Sweetie, my litte dog, very nervous and instead of my laptop being in my lap there is a little animal there. The laptop is on a table beside me. Most of the time she protects me but during bad weather, it is definitely me protecting her. When the thunder claps she sticks her nose between me and the chair and tries to hide her whole self. And she trembles.
Nope, she is not fond of bad weather. And with this storm, I can't say I blame her. We're both hoping this will be over soon.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin,

Guess it was probably too stormy for a Sunday Stroll. It looks like it will rain here overnight, but there were only a few quiet drops during the day. I hope you are feeling well.

hugs,

Robbin said...

Hi Aisling, I'm feeling pretty good, and yes, the weather prevented me from taking my Sunday Stroll. I'm going over to visit you now and see if you've posted your stroll. I really need to walk a little and I missed doing that today.