Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Getting used to sharing my space

I cried when my younger child left home. Some people laugh at me when I tell them that my arms ached that day because I kept imagining how he'd felt as a baby in my arms and the pain of him leaving actually settled there.
After I was alone for awhile I got really used to living by myself and I discovered that it wasn't all that bad. I could eat when I wanted, come home when I wanted without anyone worrying about me. I had less clothes to wash and fold and put away, it was quiet and I could watch whatever I wanted to on TV. I could use every room in my house for my stuff!

So...now I'm having to learn to share my space again and so far so good. But my little dog, Sweetie isn't taking it so well, especially since there's a little puppy around. She is an old lady and doesn't take too kindly to this little black thing jumping on her and licking her and getting so excited that she wets the floor. She warns her with growls and a look. Sweetie thought they were just staying the weekend I guess and by yesterday her patience had worn thin and the growls became snaps and a terrible look of distaste! I guess Sweetie has a lot to learn about sharing her space.

No comments: