Thursday, April 10, 2008

An Apple a Day DOES NOT Work Forever


Have I mentioned how much I hate going to the Doctor? Well, I do. And I realize if most people had their choices, they'd not like to go either. But I really, really, dislike and dread going to the Doctor.

I'm not sure when this happened actually, I don't think I was always like this but somewhere in between having kids and reaching the ripe old age of 50, I decided I hated going to the Doctor. And so, I didn't go often. Once there was an ear problem I had to go see about and a kidney infection from time to time but that was about it.

But now, at almost 51 I seem to be falling apart, and I realize some maintenance is needed. Some preventive measures as well I suppose. And so, I am having to see Doctors.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to see a surgeon that will do a hernia repair right after my gyno does her thing with my hysterectomy. I'm having double surgery. OH MY!

And so it seems I am about to make up for not seeing doctors for years, I am about to see more than I want to of them. But isn't it wonderful we have them? And isn't health insurance the most glorious thing in the world?

And it will be wonderful to feel good again after they fix me.
But I have to admit, I still hate going to see the doctor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you are having them both done at th same time, and your recovery will be the same time. There's a lot to be said about having all your work done at once.

Robbin said...

That's right Shirley, and I'm glad to be able to do it that way.
Nice to see you today, hope you are having a great day.