Thursday, April 17, 2008

One Moment in TIme

One moment in time, this is the flower's only chance to bloom and smile at the world. This is it's opportunity to touch as many as it can, to offer it's beauty to all that will take time to notice, it's one chance to offer it's nectar to the bees so life will go on. It's the only chance it has to smile up to the sun and proudly be a part of all that is nature. And so just like that, it makes it's mark on the world. It was here, it existed and it did what it was suppose to do. It's time is so short but it's job is so important. Much like our own lives on this earth. And though our own lifespans are longer than this wildflower's will be, it is still, in the scheme of things, one short moment in time. I wish to have the same wisdom as this wildflower and to give my existance and that of others so much honor.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

My, you are philosophical this morning. You are absolutely correct. We are here but for a moment. I think of the scripture that 'Life is short and full of troubles', at least I think it's a scripture, may just be one of those sayings, and even though we feel we have been around forever, it is a short time.

Have a great day.

Robbin said...

LOL, hi Shirley, yeah, I can get that way sometimes, philosphical that is. I tend to think too much sometimes and the blog gives me a good place to express it. My blog tends to be as my friend Aisling decribed it one time, "eclectic" and that pretty much describes me too or at least the way my mind works. It's all over the place.
Enjoy your time with your grandchildren tonight, you lucky woman!