Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Picnic in the Park

Haleigh and I took advantage of this fine weather and had a picnic in the park. We packed a basket with bologna on white bread with mayo, some dill pickles and our favorite chips, some iced raspberry green tea (which is our favorite at the moment) and off we went. Oh, and also Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
We made daisy chains (which she taught me to do by the way) and read poetry and sang and she serenaded me with her harmonica. And we were visited by squirrels.












And we laughed and we giggled and had such a good time.

3 comments:

Chellie said...

I absolutely love reading posts like this as it reminds me to do the simple things that are so peaceful and meaningful. Haleigh will always cherish these times with her grandma! I still remember when my grandma would play Uno with me at the kitchen table when I was a child. Now that she is in Heaven, those memories are so very special and it makes me almost feel her in my heart. :)

The_Gertster said...

I LOVE IT! Robbin has been telling me she wants us to go on a "REAL" picnic!
Love the squirrel pic! and I love the daisy-chains!!
SO SWEET!

Marcie said...

Any day that includes making daisies chains and drinking iced raspberry green tea sounds just about perfect to me!