Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Going back to work with National Vision has really saved my life and for that I will be forever grateful to them. Right now I'm working in a store where the manager is on maturnity leave. After she gets back to work, the district manager says she can keep me busy between her stores and maybe an opening will come about and I can get back into management. Not that I miss that part of it, I'd much rather be a sales associate but I need the extra money to really live comfortably. Anyway, it will be what it will be and like I said, right now I'm just so thankful to have a job. I've so enjoyed meeting the new customers. The people in Lacey Washington are very nice. They seem to be happy, friendly folks and they all try to guess where I'm from. Most of them guess Texas or North Carolina, but never Georgia. And they all ask how I ended up here and they are really interested!
The store does not do the volume that the store I left behind did so there is only one other girl and me working while the manager is off. Her name is Shayna and she is only 21 but she and I have hit it off and she is just so good to work with and we compliment each other just great.
The Dr. is an older gentleman named Dr. Archer and he is such a sweet man with a good sence of humor and I really enjoy working with him too.
   So, my job is going very well with the only drawback being the commute but it is not so bad at all, I just leave early enough in case I get stuck in traffic.  I work mostly from noon to eight so that when I get off traffic is not so bad and it takes me a little over an hour to get home.  But it is an easy drive and for now I'm even enjoying it.
   And stay tuned for news on my big move to my own place coming soon.  I can't wait!

 

No comments: