Saturday, August 28, 2010

Poor Horse

   Matthew helps out at the rodeo every year and he enjoys it so.  He looks so handsome in his cowboy hat and boots.  He loves it and was excited for me to go tonight.  I love cowboys and horses and the barrel races and the bucking bulls.  Wouldn't you know it that tonight a horse broke his back and they had to put him down??  Why would that have to happen tonight?  I can't get him out of my mind and they didn't tell the crowd, they just hauled him off and the only reason I know is that Matthew had to tell me. 
  So I enjoyed the rodeo but my heart hurts for that beautiful bucking white horse.  When he fell, the cowboy riding him was the first one to him. 
   Tomorrow is Extreme Bull Riding and ESPN actually comes to Bremerton and it is on TV.  I think I'll skip it, in fact, don't tell Matthew but I might not ever go to another rodeo again.

  

2 comments:

Marge said...

Oh, how awful that must have been for you. I guess I don't blame you for not going tonight. But maybe that memory will fade and you'll go again next year. Just concentrate on the FIRST coming up quickly! Your new place and I can't wait to see it!

Blessings dear friend,
Marge

The_Gertster said...

MY GOSH! How on earth does ahorse break its back?? Such a large animal! Its not like it is some small, delicate, frail animal! I know under the right circumstances a horse will break a leg,,,,,but its back?? You know i would be like you,,,,It would be a long time before I could go back probably!
Love ya!