Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Change of Plans Again

As I've said before, if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. This life port wanted to be ugly yesterday so off they send me to x-ray to do a study on it. This has happened every single time, so I am used to it and most of the time, it is ok except that one time it had a blood clot and they put me in the hospital. Anyway, yesterday again it wouldn't work. All of that took so much time that by the time I saw my Dr., it would have been really really late to get through with the treatment, (which they will put in through an IV in my arm this last time.) My Dr. wants the Life Port out as soon as possible so I'm scheduled to have that done next week. That means I can get off these dang blood thinners which they've never gotten the dosage right , my blood is either too thin or too thick. AND so, I just came home and will go in early today and get started.
In a few weeks I will have another scan, to see where we are and we'll go from there. I hate those scans because you worry and worry what they are going to see or tell you. But this time I'm not worrying. What ever happens, I can deal with it and I since the one he did midway showed great progress, I think it will be all clean. We'll see.
So, for sure I'm getting the treatments today and tomorrow and then I'll be done with chemo.
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts yesterday. Have a good day yourselves!
Love,
Robbin

4 comments:

L'Adelaide said...

Robbin, hang in there, you almost have it behind you now !!! I am doing happy dances for you and sending balloons and whatever you love most to wear :)

Marge said...

Well, for crying out loud! You're right. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all! Okay, so I'll be thinking of you all day today too! And that's not all bad......to have folks thinking of you and praying for you for another day!

And for goodness sake, don't even start thinking of the next scan, weeks down the road. We'll face that when it's time. And today isn't that day. Anyhow, I'm confident your scan will be clean.

So, get this last treatment done and then yell as loud as you can... CHEMO BE GONE!!!!

Hugs,
Marge

Memaw's memories said...

Sing it with me.

Hit the road Cancer and don't ya come back no more, no more, no more, no more. Hit the road Cancer and don't ya come back no more.

I just know your scan will be great. And try not to even think about it for a while. Enjoy the fall weather and get your strength back.

Big hugs!

Robbin said...

Oh thank you Linda, I love baloons and a nice fuzzy robe would be nice, (it's cold here in Ga. at night). Today went well, got to get through tomorrow.
Thank you Marge for thinking about me another day and the prayers and you are right, not going to worry about the scan yet. I have the nurse's bracelets all packaged with something I wrote for them and will give them to them tomorrow.
And Shirley, I'm singing girl, you got that in my head now and I am going to sing and sing and sing.
I love you all, although I've never laid eyes on any of you, your caring means more to me than you will ever know.