Friday, October 17, 2008

New Blood

Alrighty then, let's see if this person whose blood is now happily melting with my own poor blood was fond of liver and turnip greens and all iron rich foods because I need all the iron I can get! I never knew before what type blood I have so it was interesting to learn I'm O positive.
The first thing that happened by the time I dragged myself to the Oncology Department was of course they take my temp and blood pressure. AH.....new development. Low Blood pressure reading. Or maybe I should say what blood pressure?? I hardly had a blood pressure. She brushed it off at first, and put the cuff on the other arm. Still too low. They call my Doctor. He says, "Give her the first bag of blood (I was to get two) and if her blood pressure is not up, give her a bag a fluids in between. I think the nurses found it hard I was even conscious. So, we start the first bag of blood. In between, my blood pressure slowly was surely rose. And finally, although it never got normal, it did rise. By the time I had the second bag it was lots better. So they decided no fluids. All I cared about was that they didn't decide I had to go to the hospital.
I have my own blood pressure checker and this morning it is still a little low but not bottomed out and for the first time in quite sometime, I can walk from room to room in my house without feeling like I've just climbed a mountain. Those little red blood cells are merging quite well, (thank you Mr. or Ms. Blood Donor) Please go give blood if you can. And I am so happy. Too bad we didn't discover this a week ago!
So, we shall see how today goes. I've got to finish my bracelet projects which were put on hold, and I need to do some household chores which have gone undone for a long time, and I will also take it easy in between. My appetite is still off but I can eat and so I eat what I want when I want when I can. It is working for now.
I hope for all of you a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Robbin

8 comments:

MrsClare08 said...

Well, I hope you continue to feel better. You sound like you're feeling somewhat better already! And yes, EVERYONE needs to give blood! I'm a BIG fan of blood donation! You never know when someone close to you OR a complete stranger will need it! :) Continue to feel better, Robbin! I will write soon about our honeymoon. Loveya...

Robbin said...

Hi Sara, I just visited your honeymoon album, and now I am dreaming of blue waters. I'm seeing that one day, and I mean it!
I do feel lots better, still not great, but I'll take this anyday other than how I've been feeling.

Mary said...

Robbin, I'm so sorry that you've had this to deal with. I've been out of touch for a few days. But I haven't forgotten you or my daily prayers. My prayers are a serious part of me.

Nothing bad here. Just confusion with contractors not performing and/or leaving damage behind. I just don't understand where this country's work ethic and level of standard has gone. I know for a fact that the contractors I've seen in the past 2 or three weeks don't have either.

My frustration is nothing compared to your fight. I think of you and picture you fighting a winning fight.

Debra said...

Hey Robbin...good morning to ya! Something kinda funny, my sister got a blood transfusion the same day you did. She has chronic Thallasemia, a serious blood disorder that has caused he major complications throughout her life.

Hopefully, the two of you will soon feel strengthened.

PS:I soon plan to give blood (2)pints, in honor of you and my sister.

Blessings, Peace, all good

Marcie said...

I hope that blood does the trick, dear friend.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Mary, I hope things get easier for you soon, and I know you've not forgotten me.

Robbin said...

Thank you Me Maw for the blood giving, hope your sister is feeling better too.

Robbin said...

Thanks Aisling, I am doing better.