Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finally as I Come out of my Chemo Coma........

I am hungry! So hungry. I've hardly ate, had to force myself to drink and wouldn't you know what I crave to eat is not at all what I really need. So, instead of eating any of it and killing myself, I decided to just look at pictures. The funny thing is, I'm not much of a sweet eater under normal circumstances and I sure don't need to be one since the steroids have given me the gift of diabetes and since cancer cells seem to love sugar! SO...I'm dreamin' of this,
and a little of this,
And some of this,
Just a bite of this,
And a taste of this,
oH, AND SOME OF THIS


AND A TINY BIT OF THIS,


That Brownie looks divine. I think Brownies are my favorite. But that pie, that's a banana cream pie. And I love cupcakes.....ah. Anyway, I'm feeling a little stronger every day. This treatment has been a bad one but I'm coming out on the other side. Slowly but surely and HUNGRY!

In reality and for tonight I had this. No sugar added.

J E L L O , umm.

8 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin,

lol! You're doing a good job taking care of you. All those treats look yummy, but your renewed health will be the "yummiest" thing of all.

Have a good week.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Hi Aisling, I think it's just the old thing wanting what you can't have and the truth is, if I were turned loose on that stuff, I wouldn't want it very much. Hope your week is a good one!
Love ya!

Marge said...

Well, I guess jello is better than nothing, but I'm with you...... those brownies look fantastic, as does the pie! Just a little taste, right? Fact is, like potato chips, I can't eat just one!

At the beginning of this week I pray for your returning strength and appetite so we can get you built back up for your next challenge. The end is in sight! Keep the attitude and you will overcome!

Lovin' ya,
Marge

Tammy Brierly said...

If I wanted to lick the screen would that be wierd? lol

HUGS

Memaw's memories said...

You are so close now. You've been so brave and courageous. I still have that sticky note on my screen. Occasionally when someone sits at my desk for something, they ask what does Robbin with 2 b's mean. When I tell them a little bit of your story, they always say they hope everything goes well for you.

You've been so open and honest about all the struggles with this disease and I know with all the prayers that have been offered on your behalf, things will be much brighter soon.

God speed you along your way.

Your friend,
Shirley

Debra said...

Oh my goodness! Those are wonderful pictures of treats! Now I'm craving all those goodies! LOL!

Happy to hear the fog is clearing some...

Just one more treatment to go, right?

You can do it!!!

L'Adelaide said...

Where did you find so many delicious looking pictures??? I am so hungry now for something just like THAT!

Glad you are emerging from the chemo coma...sounds like it's been pretty bad! Well, one more and your done with it, sweets, and then you can have some of these sweets :)

Robbin said...

Thanks everybody, Tammy you cracked me up, licking the screen! LOL.
Linda, I went searching for dessert images, those looked the best to me.
Marge, I keep telling myself, JUST ONE MORE, it keeps me going for sure.
Shirley, I can't believe you still got my sticky note up! Thank you, and the people who see it too and ask.
Me Maw, as always thank you for your prayers, Miss NYC, I am so glad you are enjoying your trip.