Sunday, April 26, 2009

People in the Park

I've had the afternoon to myself today and I'm roasting a chicken in the oven. The smells are wonderful. Amy and Haleigh have gone to a local production of The Princess and the Pea. Matthew is working until seven. So the roasted chicken is dinner.
Having a public park as your living room window view is very interesting. I find myself people watching out there instead of watching t.v. I see people from all walks of life here. There are the young mothers with trendy cars and expensive haircuts whose children have play dates and so they meet here.
There are the athletic men in their thirties who are jogging or playing basketball. There are the families who bring food and cook it on the grills and spend the whole day over there. There are always people walking dogs or dogs walking people in some cases. AND the other day I actually saw a guy doing yoga on the end of the pier.
Very different from my view of Georgia Pines back home. But very interesting to me for sure.

2 comments:

Brandi Reynolds said...

I don't think I'd ever leave the window...lol.

I could people watch forever!

Robbin said...

LOL, it is hard for me too Brandi, too fun for sure.