Saturday, April 04, 2009

Waking Up in My Brand New Room

I woke up this morning in my new room, freshly painted and decorated, complete with the french doors, at my new home. Amy bought me an old four poster bed frame and the neighbor down the street, who refurbishes furniture painted it an off white and I love it. I bought a new mattress and box springs yesterday.
My room wasn't quite ready the first night I was here so I slept on the couch but the kids worked hard yesterday to finish it up and so tada! This morning I feel like a queen.
Today I will begin to unpack my things and fill my room with personal stuff.
It is still kind of not real to me that I am actually here but here I am.
SO, lots to do today. In the mean time here are some pictures of the Oklahoma City National Memorial. Matthew and I were there on a quite morning and it is so impressive and so touching. It honors not only the victims but the survivors as well.




























Matthew left a Sticker on the fence.

2 comments:

Marcie said...

I'm so glad you're home and getting settled. Relax and enjoy.

love and hugs,
Aisling

Tammy Brierly said...

WOW That was a beautiful and powerful memorial.

I'm excited for you and I'm glad you are getting acclimated to your new life.

LOVE YOU!