Sunday, August 03, 2008

Just a Bit of Appreciation

I continue to get cards from my co-workers and managers, and they make my day. Just a few days ago I got a really special card from one of my employees, (thanks Vicki) with the sweetest most inspirational hand written note.

I also got a hand written note, addressed by herself, in her beautiful seven year old handwriting from Haleigh that told me and I quote:

"You are the best Grandma in the hole wide universe including all the other planets."

It included a picture of me with a hat on with flowers on it and her standing beside me. How's that for a pick me up?? I'm going to write her back, my art work will not be quite as good as her's though.

Yesterday I had phone calls from family members, a cousin, both my aunts, and my very good Warrior friend.

And even some of you guys here, who I know were busy with your own weekend plans and families took the time to check on me.

How Great is that? It's good to have a support team, I don't know how you'd get through this without it, but just so those of you who read this know, I do so appreciate it, every word, every thought, every card.

While it seems the world goes on around me, without me, how amazing people care enough to take out the time to remember me, and for that I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh, I'm glad you got it and loved it! That was all from her, 100% of the way. She came downstairs with her rough draft, determined to get it in the mail RIGHT THEN. I had to teach her how to put the addresses on the envelope, and she worked hard!

Robbin said...

Somehow I knew that, and it will be precious to me forever. My hearts to be with her and I don't understand sometimes why the timing on this thing is what it is but I guess it is not for me to question.