Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Back to Walking


Up until last summer my mother and I walked about two miles a day for at least five days a week. It got hot, we got busy, we made excuses and before you know it we were out of the habit. But the truth is I feel soooo much better when I am doing this and so this morning we started again. We are going to shoot for at least three days a week. This morning we walked a mile and a quarter, not a bad start. Man...could I tell I was out of shape, but adding a little bit of distance and speed everyday and we'll soon be back where we were.
I'd also forgotten how much more you get out of the walk than just physical exercise. It's good for the soul too. We live out in the country and we live on a paved road surrounded by woods. This morning we passed a creek where we saw two wild ducks taking a swim. We saw a huge nest build by some huge bird, maybe a buzzard. We smelled he sweetness of spring about to spring. It felt good to stretch those legs and take deep breaths! I challenge you! Get out and walk! You won't be sorry.
It is better if you have a partner, that way it easier to not find excuses because that other person is counting on you.
So I feel good this morning and ready to start my day!

No comments: