Saturday, March 31, 2007

Just Dreamin'


I have a dream in my cedar chest of one day living on the beach. Everyday I will search for sea glass and I will find the rarest of colors.

I will wish with every piece I find that it could talk and tell me what part of a whole it was and how it got in the water. "Were you an ale bottle thrown into the sea by a drunken sailor or a dish from a shipwrecked vessel?" Maybe if I rub my fingers over the smooth edges tumbled by the water and the sand I can get a feel for what it was and how it ended up on the beach.

As I collect the pieces of sea glass one by one, I'll store them in jars and sit them on the window seal where they'll catch the sun's light. And one day when I'm old and gray I will make beautiful jewelry out of them for my grandchildren.

No comments: