Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Phases of My Life

I believe we live our lives in "phases". Not everyone goes through the same phases but I still think that all lives have them. I think we live them out and then move on to the next one. I don't know for sure if we govern them or if it is our fate that holds the control, of course that is an age old question.
The transitional period between these phases can be hard but finally you move into the next place and discover new things, new challenges to face and overcome.
It is in the transitional period where I sit these days, and you know what I mean. You feel like your life is in limbo or you are in a rut. It feels like I'm on the edge of a mountain just waiting for fate to give me that final nudge, just enough to push me over into the next phase of my life.
Did I learn lessons from the previous phases to help me sail through this one? Will this be the hardest of all and am I up to it? My head tells me the time has come that this part of my life will include some hard things, things that come with age. Loss. I've been lucky so far that I've not lost many people in my life. My heart tells me that I will learn things about myself that perhaps I've not yet discovered.
At any rate, change is coming. Whether I choose to go ahead and jump or wait for fate's hand to push me over I know that the time is near and I'll meet it will excitement,wonder, and a bit of fear. That's what life is all about. You just never know what's around the corner, do you?

No comments: