Friday, October 05, 2007

Thoughts of Sarcasm & Roses


I'm so very disappointed. Our business meeting, the one at which I had to do a presentation , the one where I had two other managers in my group who weren't all that into our presentation, the one where I seemed to be stressing about constantly, the one that was coming up just next week.................has been canceled. Ahhh, I really hate that . Looks like it really isn't going to be rescheduled anytime soon either, darn it!

Sometimes "cancellation" can be such a beautiful word.

And now I can concentrate on the birthday party. I'm determined to surprise my mother. If the party itself doesn't do it, if the arrival of her grandson who hasn't been home in five years doesn't do it, then maybe this will. After her arrival at the party her husband will present her with a dozen beautiful red roses. And then I'll do the same. And then both of her grandsons will do the same. So there she'll be holding 4 dozen long stem roses. How's that for a surprise?

2 comments:

amy said...

That is a WONDERFUL idea, and right up her alley. She will love it for sure!

Robbin said...

I think so too.