Friday, October 12, 2007

Unconditional

Yesterday was one of those days when things seemed a little off axis to me. I felt like I was moving faster than my brain was moving or maybe the other way around. People that I know felt unfamiliar to me, distant in a way. My surroundings seemed foreign to me , as if I was visiting.

I moved through the day and survived but was glad to get home to what did feel familiar. To be met at the door by my little dog, "Sweetie" who didn't feel like a stranger to me at all, who loves me no matter what, who doesn't care about my shortcomings or any mistakes I make. She doesn't care.

We human beings expect a lot from each other and most of us come up short of those expectations but with Sweetie, I am absolutely a wonderful person and she adores me no matter what and you know what? I return the sentiments!

How lonely I'd be without her in my life, and what an honor it is for me to be HER "person".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell ya Robbin--we sure think alike! I was just thinking those very same things today. I had a bad day at work with some people who didn't exactly communicate the truth and it's so frustrating. Then I came home and my dog ran as fast as she could over to me. I know she thinks I'm perfect! :)

Robbin said...

LOL, I know Saly, it's nice to be adored, isn't it?