Thursday, October 25, 2007

Today in History...


....Pablo Picasso was born back in 1881 in Malaga Spain. His mother claimed his first spoken word was pencil (in Spanish of course). Not always my favorite of the great artists, his paintings bother me a little but I've always been interested in his life.
Lots of people do love his art and his paintings rank among some of the most expensive ones sold. For example the one here is called "Dora Maar au Chat" just sold in 2006 for the sum of 95.2 million bucks. WOW! His painting disturb me a little, did I say that already?
Anyway, my friend is going to Barcelona in a month or so and there is a Museum there that has lots of Picasso's early works. I'd HAVE to see that if I were going. Maybe I'll get a full report. Please?
"Happy Birthday Picasso!"

No comments: