Monday, November 19, 2007

Enjoying the Moment


As I experience this journey towards menopause with all the ups and downs, I've mentioned before of the mood swings, the depression, the fogginess of the brain (sounds fun, huh?) but only once or twice have I mentioned the period I go through sometimes of complete and utter calmness. Today was one of those days. As intense as the other things can be, this tide of calmness is just as intense.

It's like nothing could upset me. My heart beats slower, and my mind and body are in sinc and it like utopia. Of course on the downside, it could end as fast as it happens but I've learned to enjoy it while it lasts. There are no tears, no bad thoughts, no anxiety, just peace. I like it. I can't think of what to compare it with except maybe a very calm sea before the storm. UH OH.

4 comments:

Chellie said...

You know, I'm getting ready to be forced into 3 months of menopause to get rid of endometriosis. I'm so afraid of those symptoms!

Robbin said...

Just hold on for the ride honey, you'll be fine.

Marcie said...

Robbin, I often wear a necklace with the Chinese character for Serenity. I love that tranquil, calm feeling of peace. I'm glad you are experiencing it (or are you still? *grin*)

Happy Thanksgiving! hugs, Aisling

Robbin said...

LOL, surprising enough, Aisling, it has lingered longer. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!