Monday, November 26, 2007

We Interrupt this program.....

...for a special presentation going on out my window this morning. There is quite a lot going on. In fact, from my seat here, its like watching a special presentation produced by nature herself!

First of all there's a troop of squirrels gathering nuts furiously from the pecan tree closest to the window. They are like acrobats! It is amazing how they go out all the way to the end of a limb and grab a nut without falling.

At the same time, the wind is blowing and golden leaves are dancing around in a circle, like ballet dancers. As the wind blows the tall Georgia Pines are swaying back and forth in a dance and in perfect unison. In the background for all this activity is the fog that is lingering this morning.

I catch sight of two little birds with bright yellow breasts that are sitting way out on a limb of the pecan tree chattering to the squirrels as they busily gather their nuts.

My goodness! How lucky am I to witness all of this going on all at the same time this morning? SO much better than the TODAY Show!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Robbin,
You've been quiet this week. Is everything alright? Hope so!

hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Hi Aisling, I'm fine, hope you are well too. Thanks for checking on me, just busy with stuff.