Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Spoiled Child

This painting was done by Jean-Baptiste Greuze in 1765 and is commonly known as "The Spoiled Child".

The reason I am posting this work of art is because I am the spoiled child this week. I was really beginning to look forward to Thanksgiving this year and more to the point the meal my mother usually prepares. And then.....she calls me and very cheerfully informs me that this year she is not cooking, we are going out to eat. And to add to my disappointment they've chosen the one place I am not very fond of.

So, I'm pouting and kicking my foot at the dirt. I could cook for myself but that's no fun. So, my Thanksgiving is up in the air!

4 comments:

The_Gertster said...

I hope you KNOW that if we are home on T-giving Day,,,,you can come eat with US! You can come over and help me cook! At some point in our relationship we have done that before,,,,I think it was when we first moved into this house. So that would've been 2002. So you KNOW you are welcome! and then on another day you can go eat with Dee and Pop! =o)

Robbin said...

I know, thanks. I'm just being stubborn you know. They dropped this one me without warning.

amy said...

It's not too lat to fly to Washington. :-)

Robbin said...

Amy,
thanks, but not gonna happen.