Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Day with the Boss

Yesterday my boss was in town for an unemployment hearing but I wasn't sure she was going to even stop by. I should have known, she ended up staying the afternoon with us and even went and ate with me, and bought, which she very seldom does. While she was there she did a store visit and we came out good. She and I have known each other for years, in fact she hired me nearly 15 years ago. While we were having lunch she says, "I don't know why when I get with you I just talk and talk." She tries to stay professional at all times but when you've worked together as long as we have, it is hard sometimes. And this is the person I like the best, the one who takes off her professional hat sometimes, and so lunch was enjoyable, in fact her whole visit was the nicest one I remember in quite some time.
Our weather is heavy rain and winds. I don't have to get out in it until noon today as I am closing and maybe by the time I get off it will be over.
This weather is a business killer if you depend on customers to make money, which we do. Lots of no show appointments yesterday but maybe today will be better.
Thanks to all of you who gave me ideas on what to bring to our potluck. TOday I'll put it up to a vote about the gifts.
Love,
Robbin

7 comments:

Memaw's memories said...

Here's my contribution to something to make. It's Mary's Cheese Ball. She's the gal I asked for prayers. And she is much better.

Mary's Cheese Ball
2 pkg cream cheese softened
1 jr dried beef chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
Season Salt
Dash Garlic
small can black olives chopped
1 Tbsp mayo

Mix and shape into a ball.

Roll in chopped pecans or paprika or nothing.

Wrap in plastic wrap and chill.

Serve with any type of crackers.

Tammy Brierly said...

It's too bad that a boss feels the need to wear two hats. They can be both people and be effective.

Be safe out there!

Love you!

Debra said...

Sounds like you have a pretty neat boss! I know I didn't get out myself but once today and only briefy...too cold.

Robbin said...

Thank you Shirley, that sounds yummy!

Robbin said...

Hi Tammy, she is the queen of professionalism but I seem to pull her out of it and it gets her! Love you too!

Robbin said...

Hey Memaw, messy weather for sure here too but no snow! Hope your day is a good one!

Unknown said...

I was surfing the web and came across your blog. If you like to read, have you ever read any of Terri Blackstock's books. She is a good Christian author. I have read so many of hers now and most of the time, I can't put them down.