Monday, December 01, 2008

No Monday Morning Blues Here

Well, the rain is gone and Cold is back, brrr! In our store you never know what will be pouring in through the vents, heat at full speed or A/C. Doesn't seem to matter what the temperature is. We've been told, and I'm not sure how true it is that the heat and cool is controlled in Arkansas which is where Walmart's main office is. We have no thermostat in our office, so who knows! I'll layer.
Yesterday my five hours were long, I didn't have too many customers and I got all my paperwork done and then I worked on a training I'm behind in. But the hours went by very slowly, but it was a nice day. After work my mother called and invited me for a bowl of vegetable soup and after that, so tired was I, I came home and soon went to sleep.
Now that the Contact Lens sale is over, the company will focus on people who have insurance and flex accounts, reminding them by automated calls and post cards that it's close to the end of the year and if they don't use their plans they'll lose them.
I just heard my coffee pot make that last big puff so I'm going to get my first cup and listen to the news and then I'll get ready to start my day. Smiling, and so glad I'm able to.



4 comments:

Marge said...

And you are invited to my house for supper. I'm making turkey dumpling soup!

Dear Robbin, you helped me today, did you know that? I had the dreaded colonoscopy this morning, and as I sat there I kept visioning you, returning time and again for chemo. And I decided that if you could do it so many times, I could do it once every five years or whatever! So you gave me strength....it's done, I'm fine, and gonna cook me some soup!

Don't get too tired on your work days, but I'm betting you are loving getting back into the real world. Take care of yourself!

Memaw's memories said...

I'm glad you are able to be back at work also.

BTW, my youngest daughter has gone to work for the eye dr's who have offices in the two Wal-Mart's in our area.

I guess the only difference is that she actually works for the eye dr's.

Enjoy a bowl of turkey dumpling soup for me. Sounds yummy.

Robbin said...

Oh Marge, I'm glad I helped you. Actually I have to schedule one of those too, my regular Dr. will do that depending on if I need radiation or not.
I've never had one, so see, you helped me too, cause I'll remember you did it.
I am doing really good at work, I'm so glad too. And I wish I could share that Turkey Dumpling soup with you!~

Robbin said...

Hey Shirley, that soup does sound good. Hope your day was a good one.