Saturday, December 30, 2006

Memory Lane

Ever since I posted about the teapot I keep remembering something I'd do a a child that I guess I'd forgotten until now. My mother had quite a collection of knick knacks. One thing was a teapot about the size of the one I'm using now. It was brown and had Chinese markings on it I believe. There was also cups. Well....I'd sneak it off the shelf sometimes and fill it with water and have a tea party with my dolls. If she knew I did that, she never said anything. I just remembered I'd also take from the kitchen some dessert dishes, they were wide mouthed and on a pedestal and looked like the glasses those people on soap operas used for their martinis.......so...I'd have apple juice and a grape "olive" and play like I was having a martini. I was a sneaky little child. But then I also remember putting on my Patton leather Sunday shoes and tap dancing away on our tile floor. I thought I was surely a dancing genius and didn't see what was so hard about tap dancing. But then I thought I could sing like those women in an opera as well, totally had no respect for their talent and thought I sounded just as good. Things seem so simple when you're a child. It's a shame we grow up and complicate things.

No comments: