Friday, March 13, 2009

Listen to the Mocking Bird



Every day this week he has serenaded me before daylight. It's been warm enough that my kitchen window has been up since the weekend and that's where he is, right outside that window and as I make my coffee he sings the most beautiful melody.
It makes me smile every morning.
And I have lots of other things to smile about as well. I am alive and healthy again. The days are clicking away, I'm off today to work on getting this packing a step closer to being done. The weather is good. And pretty soon I will be where I want to be with my granddaughter in my arms. SO sing little bird, sing your heart out, I totally agree with you, life is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow birds singing can make everything okay, can't it? I can feel how happy you are through your posts. Wish I could help you pack - I'm an expert at it. Several years ago we moved 3 times in 5 years!

I'm sure your granddaughter is counting the days until you get there!

Memaw's memories said...

Don't you just love those mockingbirds? My mother had one that sat near her kitchen window. And I have one that sits in the redbud tree outside my front door.

I can feel your excitement. I bet there's a little girl who's getting excited too. She's probably asking everyday, when's gram getting here?'

Robbin said...

Tabitha, I wish you were here to help me too, lol. You ARE an expert for sure. And you and Memaw are right, Haleigh is bouncing off the walls, but her grandmother is too. Have a great day to you both!