Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Good Day

I had a really good day yesterday. First of all it was good to see my Doctor again and the nurses who took such good care of me for all those months. My check up was good. An Oncologist in the only kind of Dr. I know of who is actually happy that you've gained weight, which I have. Well, the deal is I lost weight during all that and now I'm back to where I was and he takes that as a good sign because it is showing you are eating.

My blood work looked great and I am feeling well and he was happy and so was I. We talked about my move and he's having all my records copied for me to take with me. He assured me there were wonderful Dr.'s where I was going and I don't have to see anyone for another three months or at least by June 1st. And then he said, "Now just because you are going to move doesn't mean we don't care about you so please call us from time to time and let us know how you are doing." I thought that was really sweet.

All the nurses thought my move is a great thing, they know all I've been through and think it is great that I will be with my son and his family. Of course they all got to know my mother while we went through this and they asked how she felt about it and I told them she wasn't that happy about it but like everyone else they say, "You've got to live your own life and do what makes you happy."

So, things are moving along here. I've had my discussion with my mother, I've got my first check up behind me, looks like blue skies ahead and all I can say is I am ready!

2 comments:

Tammy Brierly said...

WOOHOO! It's a go! XXOO

Robbin said...

Yep, it is a go and I can't wait!