Monday, February 12, 2007

Back in Time

I was surprised when one of the things my son had planned for us to do this weekend was to go to a Drive-In Theater. Wow! That's a blast from the past. I'd not been to one since I was 16 years old and didn't know there was one in the state of Georgia. Well there is. It's in a little town called Jesup. My son was very curious as he'd never been to one, couldn't imagine it really. It was so fun. But here's a bit of technology that's changed. I took great pride in explaining to him how he had to park close to a post, how to get the speaker and hook it on the window. And then he overheard someone asking what station to put his radio on and Lo and Behold, we can pick up the sound digitally on the radio. So the speaker goes back out so we don't have cold air coming in through the cracked window. Ummm, ok then, everything changes I guess. It was fun to watch him experience something new that had been a part of my life so many years ago.

No comments: