Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good Service needs to be reported too!


Today being the manager of a retail Optical store was not what I wanted to be. Complaints, complaints, complaints. First from the Doctor, then from customers, associates too pushy, too rude, not helpful, yada, yada, yada! Customer service is a big issue with me. I insist that my employees be nice, it has to show in their face, in their voice and in their actions but sometimes I think customers are just over sensitive. But then you never know. I can't be there all the time and I don't know what happens when I'm not but I'm tired! People sometimes expect too much or they are mad with someone else and they take it out on us. It gets hard!

Toward the end of the day a customer came up to me and told me that one of my associates was the sweetest person she'd ever met and a joy! Good timing, I needed to hear that one. She told me this right in front of the associate and I thanked her and gave her a card and asked her to call our customer service and tell them. If she'll do that my associate will be recognized for it but you know what? Hardly anyone will take the time to do that. They are quick to report bad service but not good service.

Because I know this I really try hard to contact a company when I receive what I believe to be excellent service. I try to get a name so that the person will get personal recognition for it. It helps morale, motivates the other associates and helps counter act those complaints we get when all we are really trying to do is help!

If you believe you're getting bad service, by all means complain! But just for me, please remember to let somebody know if you get good service too. It means more than you can know to those of us who serve the public.

No comments: