Wednesday, February 28, 2007


Tonight for a moment I thought I heard coyotes. We used to hear them a lot but after the lumber company cut the woods behind me I seldom hear them and I miss that.
We once lived in a house with a corn field along side of it and the coyotes would move through it sometimes at night. Once my son and I heard a baby coyote crying and we peeked out my bedroom window and under the light of the full moon we got to see his Mama call for him. It was amazing to us, she'd call and he'd cry out and she'd call again, he was lost but finally we saw him scamper up along side of her and they ran off. My son was only three or four at the time but he remembers it still. A moment in nature that I'm glad we got to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We get them around our house right in the middle of the city.
It is freaky when you spot them on the side of the road in broad daylight. Even freakier hearing them all howl at night.
Very primal.
thanks for the link by the way!