Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Everyone has a Story if you have time to Listen

You know sometimes, even though you spend a lot of time with the people you work with, you never really have enough time to just talk to them. I mean you get snips and pieces of things but that's about it. Steph is my assistant manager and best friend but she is involved with her family now and her church and she and I have no time except at work. I'd love to have time to hear about what is going on with her, to share with her the computer games I've discovered, to share with her what is going on with me, but there is just not time.

Vicki lives a busy life as a working single mother and has a 12 year old and a two year old and there are always lively stories she has to tell, but we never get to talk. She would love to pose for pictures wearing jewelry I've made and I'd love for her to, but we have to work, no time.

Loni has a new grandchild and her son is getting married soon and I'd love to listen to her stories but never enough time. Just bits and pieces.

Kathleen worked as a singer in Atlanta in the 70's and boy does she have stories to tell, all of which I'd love to hear but we have no time, we are at work.

Dr. P lived in Oregon in his younger days and he tells of finding geodes during a rock hunt and gathering them up and crushing them to find a few with gemstones. Oh how'd I would love to hear more of that and about the time he lived in Jamaca but I just know a little of this and a little of that, never the whole story.

And time marches on.

No comments: