Saturday, February 09, 2008

What a Difference an Hour Makes

Don't freak out Amy, I am not going on haitus again, I fully intended to blog yesterday but I had a busy day and after a bite to eat and settling down to watch a movie, I was out like a light.

This is our really busy time at work. Mostly because people use their income tax money to get new glasses. And what that means is often we are busy from the time we open until after the doctor leaves. We like it, makes the day go by fast for sure. It's a short period of time. The company likes to think it goes through March but really and truly it starts to slow down the end of this month.

The really good news is that as long as I've worked with this company, our stores have stayed open until nine at night. We of course take turns and each of us only work one to two nights a week but still it's a pain. You get home so late!

The good news is, and one that brings me lots of JOY is that last night was the last night we will be doing that. Starting next week, we'll close at eight. I know it is only an hour but we are so happy about it. Of course they intend on taking away some of my payroll dollars as the whole purpose is to cut back in a some what slow economy but it is nice to work for a company that does that instead of laying people off and that brings me JOY too!

1 comment:

amy said...

I didn't panic, but I did get a little anxious for just a moment. LOL