Thursday, March 06, 2008

Chili Surprise!


This is Vicki. She works with me. We had a rough day at work yesterday. Our patients can be very demanding and it wears us all out when they all happen to be this way, which is the way it has been all week.

Vicki went home last night at six, leaving me to close the store at eight since it was my night to do so. I know Vicki was worn out when she went home, we all were.

I stayed pretty busy even after she left. At some point I was waiting on a customer and looked up to see Vicki's daughter standing there patiently waiting on me to get done. She was holding a container and a pack of crackers. It was Chili! Still warm from the crock pot.

And it brought me JOY that Vicki took the time to share her supper with me and to take the time to come back to the store and bring it to me. Thank you Vicki, it was yummy and filled my tummy and my heart. Double Duty Chili!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Chellie said...

People like that are the best. My 85 year old neighbor across the street will do that sometimes. :)

Robbin said...

I know it! It was very thoughtful and very good too!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I try to help whenever I
can. LOL

Robbin said...

And you're a Sweetie Pie too! Hope you had a good day. See you tomorrow.