Tuesday, March 04, 2008

You can't see it..........

 


...but these tall Georgia Pines that are in the view from my front window are dancing. They are swaying back and forth, ever so slowly and I am at times hypnotized by them. In fact, I have decided that it is a great way to meditate and you know what? My dancing trees may even hold some answers for me. They speak to me with their movement in a way I can't explain. If I try to look away, I can't. And though it may sound a little "out there" to some people it doesn't matter because I believe answers to most questions do lie in nature. And if these trees want to speak to me, who am I to try and pretend differently? Usually they dance in unison but today the wind must be coming in several directions as they are swaying in different ways. And I feel connected to them because my own thoughts are doing the same thing. Nothing seems to be working in unison with me. But there is hope and I am gaining speed with my plans of what I want and what will make me happy. Just you wait and see!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

amy said...

My goodness, those things really did get thinned out!!!

Robbin said...

Amy! Here I am connecting with my trees and all you can say is how thin they are? REALLY!!!!
(just kidding). They did thin them out a lot. IT took me a long time to get used to looking out there.

Marcie said...

Robbin, I can complete understand what you mean. You watch your Georgia Pines dance, and I listen to my white birch trees sing. If you hold very still on a slightly breezy day, you can hear the trees sing as they sway very slightly along with their song.

It is very meditative and calming.

hugs,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Thank you for understanding Aisling, I'd love to hear your trees sing. I bet it is beautiful for sure. I love trees.