Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Day Off


I've got somethings I need to do today, I need to get my house ready for me to come home to after my surgery, and I need to do some cooking for meals to freeze so I can just pop something in the microwave. I need to do laundry and some housekeeping in general, but we'll see how far I get with that today. I've been so tired all week and so far I've felt no surge or energy yet. But I probably could push myself a little.

I smile everytime I look at the picture I've posted here. This bush is really suppose to be a shrub. It is in my mother's yard and it is a constant subject of conversation between my mother and step-father. In the spring, when it starts to bloom ,he wants to trim it back. She does not. It takes up over half of one side of the yard. It is quite spectacular to look at. He is right, it is wild and out of control but it is just a burst of bright pink blooms and she just can't bear to trim it down one bit. This conversation between the two of them happens every year, it is a Spring tradition I guess. They have no idea what kind of bush it is. But the nesting birds love it. It's a haven for them and pretty soon we'll see baby birds flying out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: