Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Spring is Almost Here

I love flowers but I am in no way able to grow them. My yard is bare of anything but unkept shrubbery and trees.

Years ago, before I accepted that I have no desire or talent to grow things, I planted some Narcisssus bulbs. They never amounted to much and never really did so well. There was a time when I moved from this area for ten years and about nine years ago I came back here. The first Spring I was back I noticed one little bulb had popped up in the area which in no way is a flower bed anymore. It was just a single little Daffodil standing proudly. I knew that Spring had arrived for sure. Every year that has sort of been my gage for the coming of Spring.
THIS year LOOK! Count them, there are eight of them! My goodness. I am nearly going to have a flower garden. I'll take pictures as soon as they bloom and then we'll know Spring has arrived and this year my one little flower is bringing a crowd.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: