Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Self Observation

I'm not sure what is wrong with me lately but I seem to be eyeing the world through a somewhat cynical mask. When I read something that supposedly is written to be funny, I feel like the author is trying too hard to be funny and to me it is not funny.

It works with serious things too. If I read something written that's supposedly a heart wrenching story, I feel like it is a sham, a fake and that the writer is over writing it.

And it happens in real time and life too. I hear people in my life trying to be funny and they are not. I hear people say things that aren't all that exciting and trying to make it SO exciting. I hear people tell a serious story that is suppose to have some sort of message and I don't get it.

All of a sudden nothing touches me or makes me really FEEL! What the heck? Sometimes I wonder about me.

1 comment:

amy said...

That is sooooo not like you, either! We're going to have to get those hormones under control. LOL