Monday, January 07, 2008

All the Little Children of the World


Today was a pleasant day at work and when I thought about blogging I first intended to blog about a little kid I had the opportunity to have a conversation with while his mom was getting her eyes checked. I thought back though and it was not just he who brought me JOY today but three or four little children that visited the store.


There was the little girl, nine years old, who was getting glasses for the first time. She was able to carry on a conversation much better than some adults I've come in contact with. With her pecan colored skin and long braid down her back, her beauty was breath taking.

And then there was the little two year old girl who peaked at me while I was in my little office and smiled and waved and flirted with me. Big bright blue eyes and short curly hair that would bring a smile to the grouchiest person.

A five year old little boy came in to get his glasses adjusted and played with my squishy stress ball while I worked on his glasses, his giggles were contagious.

And last but not least, the cute little six year old that was foremost in my mind. He was quite interested in a case we sell for glasses that starts out as blue and gray and opens all the way and ends up being gray and black. I asked him if he liked our magic case and he proceeded to inform me that it was not magic. He explained to me in detail how it was made to work like it did. A budding engineer I think. When I told him I really thought it was magic he said, "Well, you can believe that if you need to."

And so today all these different children, each so beautiful in their own way, made me smile and brought much JOY to my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so enjoying your daily JOY blog. Keep it up, please, as it is sending joy out to others. Teri

Robbin said...

Oh thank you Teri, your comment definitely started my day off with JOY already.