Monday, January 14, 2008

Matters of the Heart.......


.......at least those of my stepfather's heart. He has to have a heart catherization today and my mother asked me to go with them. She is afraid of what they may find and if he has to have heart surgery, they'll do it right there and she is afraid she'll be too upset to drive home. Plus she just wants some company during the whole waiting game at the hospital. So, I'm taking a personal day to be with them.
My stepfather is really a young man, only 59, my mother married him 30 years ago when she was forty and he was 29. He was in a terrible accident before she met him and they think all the meds he had to take after that time may have weakened his heart. He is having shortness of breath and has no energy, so they decided to make sure things are ok and if they aren't, they can take care it before it gets worse.
SO, sent some good thoughts and prayers our way if you will.

3 comments:

amy said...

Please keep us posted. Matthew's cell phone can't read txt msgs any more, but you can send them to me if he's going to need surgery. Or call us if you can.

Marcie said...

I'm sending prayers from the great white north. Best wishes for health and healing,
Aisling

Robbin said...

Thank you Aisling rom the great white north, I appreciate your wishes so much. Stay warm!