Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Resting Mind Day

Normally my mind moves so fast, my body has never been able to keep up with it but every once in a while, it slows down and I swear I don't think much at all. At least not about anything too important. And for me that's a good thing, it gives my poor brain a much needed rest.

For all I know, every one's thoughts race around a million miles an hour like mine do, but the only brain I can see inside of is mine, so I can only speak for it. Today has been one of those days. The truth is when you can stop from thinking so much, you don't have to worry about what is going to happen tomorrow, or what happened yesterday or even what is actually happening now. You just let it happen and you have no opinion one way or the other. That's the way I am today.

I have in fact been thinking about what makes certain people like certain kinds of music. And is it a clue to how they feel inside because music reaches your very soul you know, if you listen to it and allow it to.

Music was such a part of my father's life. He loved bluegrass and whining Kitty Wells type country music. And that kind of mirrors his life.

Music was never really that important to my mother and when she does listen to it, it's nothing very heavy, and the lyrics mean much more to her than the actual music.

I go through stages of different types of music and at times it has meant more in my life than at others.

My ex-husband loved heavy duty hard rock and maybe that's how he felt inside. In fact I'm pretty sure that's how he felt inside.

See what I mean about not thinking about anything. My mind wonders, it thinks of things that really mean nothing. And I let it because soon enough it will be flying a million miles an hour again, worrying about things and remembering a million other things to think about all at once.

No comments: